Sunday, January 3, 2021

Positive Thoughts

 Hi All!

I hope you are having a great start to the New Year!! I have been stamping like crazy. My husband, Eddie, watched my first video and said he had no idea what I was talking about. He then suggested I do a "Cardmaking 101" series. What a great idea! So I am starting with the basics and moving up from there. The best place to start is at the beginning, right? So here we go!

I began with a go-to stamp set for me, Positive Thoughts. This stamp set is very beautiful and very versatile. It can be used for everything from birthdays to a sympathy card and everything in-between. 


Here's the Card:

Here's What I Used:

  • Whisper White card stock (for the base)
  • Positive Thoughts stamp set
  • Tombo glue
  • Pretty Peacock ink
  • Paper trimmer/scorer








To see my YouTube video click on the image below!





Here's What I Did:

  • Cut my cardstock down to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4"
  • Cut my mat/image cardstock  down to 5 1/4 x 4"
  • Using the Positive Thoughts stamp set by Stampin' Up! and Pretty Peacock ink, stamp once, twice, and a third time all without re-inking the stamp.
  • Using the sentiment "Hope, Prayers, Love" and the Pretty Peacock ink stamp the sentiment in the upper left-hand corner.
  • Using the Stampin' Up! paper trimmer score piece, score lines from the inside right-hand side at a 1/4 mark increments (score two or three from the top and two on the bottom).
  • Either glue down with Tombo glue or give a little dimension using Stampin' Up!s Stampin Dimensionals.
  • Don't forget to stamp the inside of the card and the envelope as well.

Product List:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrating Sunflowers

   Hello, Stampers!  Today's card features Stampin' Up!'s Celebrate Sunflowers. With all that is going on in Ukraine, I thought ...